Everyone needs a helping hand sometimes
Please see below some of our paid and volunteering roles currently on offer. Email email@example.com for more information
15 hours a week to be spread out during weekdays.
Working from home. Internet connection needed. Laptop provided.
Paid every 4 weeks: £720. 6 month contract initially.
Annual f/t salary pro rata: 24,960
Can you be there to support our Stuck Parents through the toughest moments of their lives? Our parents are often incredibly grateful for the support, one recently said:
You are really doing an amazing job and again thanks a million for your help and advice and your kindness and understanding.
GlobalARRK provides support to parents in need who are ‘stuck’ in a foreign country after a relationship breakdown. They can be in the UK or abroad. Around 30% of these parents have taken their children to their home country and are being charged with International parental Child Abduction. The rest are just ‘stuck’, perhaps they have recently separated or are applying to ‘Relocate’ to their home country. We help those who are in need – typically they are suffering domestic abuse, they are poor, homeless, visa-less or just isolated.
We support ‘Stuck Parents’ by providing information, signposting to expert legal professionals and specialist charities (eg domestic violence, homelessness etc) and speaking to parents to offer emotional support. We also advocate for stuck parents and raise awareness on this issue working towards a child centred system where families can survive and thrive.
About the role:
As the only paid member of staff you will be a key person within the charity. Your main role will involve directly supporting Stuck Parents via email, phone and Facebook message by sending legal information and signposting them towards relevant charities and legal support. You will also carry out a wide range of Administrative tasks such as documenting evidence of impact and updating signposting information as well as record keeping, checking volunteer forms, writing minutes etc. You will also be sending emails to other organisations to introduce GlobalARRK and promote the cause.
Values: Use GA values of Compassion, Courage & Persistence in all interactions with beneficiaries, other team members and the wider community. Be able to create a positive and friendly working environment.
Accountability: You will be supported by and ultimately report to the board of trustees. Once a year you will be invited to take part in an appraisal process to reflect on the duties listed below.
- Proven track record of organisational skills
- Able to work independently and remotely from home
- Experienced in Safeguarding. DBS an advantage.
- Experience of training or facilitating groups
- Good IT skills: use of Word, Excel, CRM, Zoom systems an advantage
- Experienced in administration and record keeping
- Social media skills
- Emotionally Resilient: to be able to cope with supporting vulnerable people with complex practical and emotional needs
- Experience of supporting vulnerable adults and providing empathy and practical support
- Familiar with International Family Law – The Hague Convention/ Relocation. If not training will be provided!
- Volunteer coordination experience
- Helpline experience
- Supporting parents directly. Replying to messages from parents via email / messaging / phone call every weekday. Providing empathy and listening support, signposting and legal information.
- Collecting evidence of our charitable impact on beneficiaries by collecting feedback and compiling data and quotes to show how we make a difference.
- Promoting good relationships with other organisations – outreach with law firms and other organisations.
- Ensuring signposting lists are up to date.
- Administration: Keep organised and thorough and up to date records of volunteer details, work, minutes, policies.
To apply, please submit your C.V. plus a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4, setting out exactly how your skills, knowledge, training and previous experience, whether paid or unpaid, are relevant to this post, and explaining your motivations for applying.
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st March
To start: April 2021
We are looking for volunteers to moderate our peer support groups on Facebook.
- To make sure the group is a safe, supportive environment for stuck parents who are often vulnerable.
- To make sure that GlobalARRK is offering as much ongoing information & support as we can. Often our experienced Admin team know the answer to questions raised in the group, the moderator will be in contact with Admin teams to pass on info
We are looking for 3 moderators to do 2 days each per week and will involve checking the site when notifications come in on your days.
- A non- judgmental and open-minded, compassionate approach
- A calm and caring attitude
- 4+hours a week – over 2 days
- Your own computer & internet connection (we all currently work from home)
- To be based in UK
Would you like to make a difference to the lives of ‘stuck’ families?
Do you have specialist knowledge in the law, charity governance, domestic abuse, management or fundraising?
Are you passionate about our mission? To prevent international custody disputes and reduce their devastating impact on children and parents stuck in a foreign country by raising awareness and connecting parents to support services to meet their needs.
If the answers are yes please consider becoming a charity Trustee for GlobalARRK. We are working to build a larger more diverse board in order to make the charity more sustainable and to have greater impact on our beneficiaries.
A recent feedback from a Stuck Parent:
“ It’s been a lifesaver. I don’t think there’s any other organization that does anything like this.”
Thanks for your interest!