GlobalARRK is all about helping stuck parents around the world. As part of our aims we are creating statistics on this issue so that we can show them to decision makers to promote awareness and ultimately change the law. Thank you for taking the time to add your experiences; it should take less than 10 minutes to complete this survey but will make a huge difference! Your responses will be confidential: we take security very seriously and responses received are double password protected
If you are from another organisation and would like to know about the statistics in more detail please email: email@example.com
Statistics so far
Below are the ongoing results of the 2016-2017 stuck parent survey.
- 99% of the stuck parents who completed the survey are mothers
- 94% are primary carers
- They are stuck in 35 different countries
- 42% of parents are from the UK
- 66% of parents are different nationalities and 34% are same nationality
- 30% of cases have involved The Hague Convention 1980
- 93% of parents said they had suffered some form of abuse since moving abroad including physical violence, psychological and financial abuse.
- 87% of parents did not know they could become ‘stuck’ prior to moving abroad.